Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i hadn't realized that anticipation could be painful

A bloggy friend approached me this morning wanting to know when The Big Secret would be revealed. (She'd been waiting for an explanation for THIS POST, specifically THIS VIDEO.) I had no clue people were really even paying attention to my antics, let alone waiting on me! If there are any more of you out there... sorry. The big reveal will take place tomorrow, I promise.

Incidently, waiting seems to be *the thing* God is talking to me about today. Our video this morning was about timing, specifically when it is time to wait. I hadn't realized the magnitude of this message until processing it a bit. One of the verses Beth Moore directed us to was Ecclesiastes 3:1, 7:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven... a time to be silent and a time to speak.
I tend to have a problem with the silent part.

On top of that, I've been struggling to hear from the Lord lately. I do not like this feeling and have spent quite a bit of time in my journal and Bible trying to root out the source of this distance. Anyway, today's message struck a chord: perhaps I am simply supposed to wait on Him.

After arriving home from Bible study, I quickly unloaded the coffee boxes. While putting supplies away, the words from my daily calendar grabbed me. Here's what it was opened to:
Wait and Receive

Be relaxed and at ease in God's presence. You come into His presence by spending time alone with Him in prayer and reading the Word. God loves you and wants you to have His best. Wait on Him and believe you are receiving. Do not be led by your feelings; be led by God's promises.

Wait for the Lord, and keep His way,
And He will exalt you to inherit the land. . . .
- Psalm 37:34 NASB
Just as I'd suspected. So now, it's time for me to go and BE QUIET. To spend time alone in His presence. Waiting expectantly.

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Beth often says "someone out there needs to hear this"...!

Mellissa said...

Well said, thank you for the reminder. I often need to be told to shut up and listen. It's important that we also listen for the Lord...thank you for sharing!

Jodie said...

Hi Tina ~ I'm doing some "catching up" on blog reading. In our small group last night we had just talked about waiting before the Lord. So, reading your post today makes a clearer picture for me on "waiting". Thank you for sharing the scripture reference - it confirms to me that the Lord is trying to turn my attention towards what He has to say on this subject. The funny thing, I just couldn't focus in on reading your blog yesterday afternoon before our small group met...hmmm...
Jodie