Train A, traveling 70 miles per hour (mph), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. At the same time Train B, traveling 60 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet? How far from each city do they meet?Jenny bought seven t-shirts (one for each of her brothers) for $9.95 each. The cashier charged her an additional $13.07 in sales tax. She left the store with a measely $7.28. How much money did Jenny start with?There are two numbers whose sum is 72. One number is twice the other. What are the numbers?There is a number such that three times the number minus 6 is equal to 45. Find the number.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 10:46 PM
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thanks again for a fun afternoon!
Posted by Tina Vega at 11:58 PM
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 7:54 PM
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 7:07 AM
Friday, September 25, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 10:33 PM
Thursday, September 24, 2009
(Apparently, his brother doesn't have anything profound to say either.) May your day be filled to the brim with free time, pizza, video games, and cheese. We love you!!!!
Posted by Tina Vega at 8:31 AM
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 7:11 AM
Monday, September 21, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 9:35 PM
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 12:17 PM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Her birthday, not mine. If I remember correctly, she's like two. (Seriously, she ALWAYS rubs it in how young she is compared to us old folk.) As we were tooling around last week, we stumbled upon this magical product: Glimmer Mist.
Well the school transition is still a little rocky, especially for my oldest son. The stress of multiple deadlines and the looming threat of dropped grades for late or forgotten work has been giving him nightmares.
- The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
- I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Posted by Tina Vega at 11:14 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 9:01 AM
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 1:22 PM
Friday, September 11, 2009
Our next Faithbooking Crop will be on Saturday, September 12th (tomorrow!!) from 9:00 am-4:00 pm at Hosanna Lutheran Church in Lakeville. The crops are FREE and include snacks, beverages, and make-and-take supplies. Feel free to work the crop around your schedule, just let me know if you plan to attend and I'll be sure to have a spot ready for you.
Posted by Tina Vega at 9:33 AM
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
- Keep a time inventory/log for a few days. Use an alarm set at 15 or 30 minute intervals. Every time the alarm goes off, write down everything you've been doing. Rate each activity according to its importance: "A" for vital, "B" for important and "C" for marginally useful.
- Analyze your time.
- Identify time wasters.
- Reserve your prime time (determine when your energy level is highest and schedule important tasks during that period).
- Establish goals (long-term, mid-term, and short-term).
- Set priorities.
- Keep a daily planner.
- Plan 60% of your day, leaving 20% for buffers and unanticipated developments and 20% spontaneity. (I love this... plan for spontaneity - go figure.)
- Be flexible.
- Pace yourself.
- Transfer unfinished tasks to the next day.
- Consolidate tasks.
- Learn to say no with finesse.
Posted by Tina Vega at 10:20 PM