Thursday, February 19, 2009

there is a difference between foolishness and just plain stupidity

I have no problem posting things that make me look a bit... off. Take this, for example:

Or this:

But I do draw the line at horribly gross. And that's what The Great Reveal would require to achieve the full effect. (Lost already? Take a peek at THIS POST.) Using your imagination, try to picture a 20-year coffee fanatic who smoked a pack of cigarettes each day for ten of those years. Now picture her much discolored smile.

Yeah. That was me.

The wake-up call took place after I was photographed standing next to Miss Susie Sunshine. She had the fairest teeth in all the land at the Creative Memories meeting and I was photographed next to her in my brownish-yellow glory. A picture I will never forget as it is permanently etched on my brain.

Not only did I want to spare you the pain, but as I mentioned above - I do have my limits. So my bloggy friends, the explanation for the garbled video:

I was busy whitening my teeth with THIS HANDY KIT. Aside from a little temporary tooth sensitivity, I am very happy with the results :-)

post signature

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

Really? Is it gross tasting? I have wanted to try one of those kits but keep wondering if it works or if it's nasty tasting...hmmm, I may have to pick one of those up now! Thanks for being brave enough to share!

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the teeth whitening and have tried many...good for you! My favorite is the Crest Whitening Strips...generic doesn't work that great. It does become addicting however and you can easily fall into the "there still not white" trap...
Lynn

Tina Vega said...

I'd heard about that trap. What's keeping me "in check" is that I heard you can actually turn your teeth grayish by doing it too much.

As for the taste and stuff... mine were little mouthguards filled with a minty-like gel, not too bad at all.

Crystal said...

Lookin good! Whitening toothpaste and mouthwash help in between trays, in case you feel you are falling into "the trap."