Tuesday, February 17, 2009

their latest obsessions passions

Origami. Ren received a ream of paper for Christmas (along with assorted art supplies) and has used the bulk of it to fashion all sorts of flying objects (birds, jets & bombers). You can thank our library and THIS BOOK for his very UNgreen new hobby.

Music. After weeks of raiding our eclectic CD collection and downloading dozens of songs from iTunes, Meeley decided to purchase his own album. It is his first and a good one at that :-)

The long weekend made for a very long weekend. Thankfully, Pippy was able to stop by for a visit. After an hour of unsuccessfully trying to convince Pippy that paper folding is da bomb, they decided to play a little Rock Band:

I'm quite sure Pippy has a future in music - lead vocalist, worship leader, or some other front man. He will, at the very least, give Wierd Al a run for the money (the boys' words, not mine). I do have to say that Ren's real drum lessons have significantly impacted his pretend drum skills. Here's the boy in action:

Oh how I wish I could sit and blog the afternoon away. I've missed days like this (not the Rock Band playdates of yesterday but the no-pressure-just-do-it-when-you-can days like today). But alas, there's work to be done. Low-key work but work nonetheless.

I'll be back a little later with the March photo challenge themes, the February faithbooking lesson, and hopefully some deeper posts. Have a great afternoon!

post signature

1 comment:

Christine said...

Love to read your blog. :) Sorry I missed you on Saturday. By the time I got your message, it was too late to call and see if my friend still wanted to go. Then I also decided that it might be a good idea to pack since we're moving this weekend! Well, at least moving some stuff. Bless you!
Christine