Monday, February 16, 2009

happy belatedvalentinesandpresidentsday

Just a reminder... the countdown is on for the $50 photography sessions. The sessions can be booked anytime in 2009 but you must contact me by February 20th to take advantage of this offer. Click HERE for details.

Too, I'm almost at the end of my photo-a-day challenge (a.k.a. Project 365) and am gearing up for the next, which will begin on March 1st (I'm hoping to convince a few of you to join in). My hubby gave me a great idea for shakin' things up... there will be a weekly theme for the photographs, for example: Reflections, Old, Signs of Spring, Family, etc. I would like it if we could share our images with one another (assuming I won't be doing this alone) and will be creating a Flickr group for that purpose. If you decide to take part in this challenge, one thing is certain... you will become a better photographer.

As for the Flickr bit, you can open up a free account HERE. There's a monthly upload limit you might reach by posting a daily photo but you can get around it by reducing your image size or deleting older photos. To upgrade to a Pro account (with unlimited uploads and storage) the cost is $24.95 a year. Details for both accounts are HERE. You can post images as public, friends, or family - which means you decide exactly who has access to your images. If you have any questions, just let me know.

I'll be posting the photo topics by month to give everyone time to prepare. (I'm not yet ready for March but hope to have the themes up this week.) If you're interested in taking part (or at the very least, giving it a shot) just let me know!

post signature

3 comments:

Tina Vega said...

I just created an "invitation-only" group on Flickr and listed the March themes there (I'll post them here later). If you're interested in joining the group, let me know!

Crystal said...

I'm in! I really want to become a better photographer and learn how to use my camera. Plus, the end result will make a great scrapbook! Thanks Tina!

Tina Vega said...

A very cool scrapbook.

I'm so glad you're in! It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with :-) I'll be sure to pass along a group invite. Talk to you soon!