Saturday, November 27, 2010

a little breathing room

thanksgiving day selfie

With Thanksgiving behind us, I'm feeling a little more wiggle room. We hosted for the first time and I loved all of the scents, sights, and sounds that came with it. I'm down to a handful of photo galleries to edit and then I'm OFF for the rest of the holiday season! Looking forward to spending quality time with those I love. Soaking in all that I'm thankful for. Taking care of things around the home. Helping others.

With the holiday season upon us, my thoughts have turned towards my word for 2011. I'm also gathering scrapbooking ideas for my annual Winter Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat which is right around the corner! Can't wait to spend time with the ladies :)

Speaking of 2011, here's the new new journaling tool I'd promised to share:

memory logbook

I LOVE IT SO MUCH! (You can learn more about it by clicking HERE.) I'm already gathering ideas for pages. Feeling inspired to jot down details of what is happening around me... even while things have been a bit hairy. Bittersweet moments like one that took place yesterday, during a visit with my father-in-law. He hasn't been doing well, a recent fall led to a broken bone in an area made vulnerable by the cancer. Our kids had their first visit with him yesterday. Grandpa reached for my youngest son and asked him to sit on the bed by his side. He just held Ren's hand for the longest time before telling him that he loved him.

It was a tender, emotion-filled moment that spoke volumes... reminding me how precious life is, how easy it is to take TIME for granted. As I've been reminded so many times this year, our most difficult days and seasons are dotted with treasured moments to be embraced. And embracing I am.

I hope you will, too.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

- Reinhold Niebuhr

post signature

No comments: