Tuesday, August 18, 2009

and so it begins...

With practice four times a week, life has been a wee bit busy. It was a rough start for Ren because the boy simply isn't into running. At all. Add several pounds of gear to the mix and you've got one s-l-o-w boy. Things seem to be better this week; Ren is really making an effort to hustle. And pay attention. He's even having fun.

Go figure.

Heard about a cool faithbooking resource today. (One of the many joys of Twitter.) The blog is called "Good Grief" and is all about scrapbooking through loss and grief... a subject close to my heart. Just click HERE to check it out for yourself.

I have a funny incident story to leave you with tonight. You know when you go to Dairy Queen and they hand you the ice cream treat upside down to show how thick it is? Well, that happened today. The boys had never seen anyone do it before so it was a huge topic of conversation as we ate our treats. Ten minutes later, my 9-year old decided to test it out himself.

Ten very melty minutes later.

Needless to say, his entire Blizzard ended up in a clump on the table. (And in his hair.)

Meeley was quick on his feet and had most of it cleaned up before I even put the camera away. Because I had my priorities in order.

post signature

7 comments:

MiahGilbertsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

haha! Physics lesson learned. :)

Deanna said...

I have to ask....the first picture, the one of the team...please tell me that is the coach suited up in the middle of that line!?! That kid is literally head and shoulders above the rest of the boys!! I'm glad your son is on the SAME team with that boy!!

LOVED the blizzard story but loved your reaction to it especially - there used to be a day when my reaction to something like that would have been totally opposite but THANK GOD, those days are gone! He's done a huge work in me in that area so I love that you grabbed your camera before the napkins!!

Tina Vega said...

Believe it or not, that is NOT the coach! I, too, am glad they are on the same team :-)

I totally know what you mean, Deanna. Totally.

Tina Vega said...

BTW... nice to see you back here, Tanya!!

Unknown said...

Nice to be here, Teen! I begin every day with your blog (it's my homepage). I guess that means you're kind of my homegirl, huh?! :)

Tina Vega said...

Ooooooh, that's soooo sweet...