Friday, November 7, 2008

i guess i'm not the only one



Apparently, there are others who have a love-hate relationship with Facebook as well. It's all about finding b a l a n c e.

Well, we woke up to SNOW this morning. And a sick child. Thankfully, Meeley already appears to be on the mend. I captured a shot of him in The Sick Spot:

What caught my eye were the details... he'd surrounded himself with a few favorite things:

The Sick Spot is a thing that we do. It's a thing my mother did and I'm sure a thing her mother did as well. Mom made THE BEST comfy spots when we were sick, somehow it made things more tolerable whether it be a twisted ankle, chicken pox, or the stomach flu. Meeley made a sweet comment after I'd gotten him set up: "Dads are the ones to mainly have fun with and Moms are the ones who make us feel better when we're sick." He did explain that you can also have fun with a mom... sometimes. (Perhaps I need to work on that "play" thing a bit more.)

Journaling Ideas: What "sick" traditions do you have in your home? (That sounded really bad, didn't it?) What do you do when you're sick - lay low or work through it? Do you have a favorite place or routine that brings comfort when you're not feeling well? How do you care for those around you when they're feeling under the weather? Why do you do what you do? The idea is to capture those little moments we tend to take for granted.

post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

When I get sick I want you to take care of me! ;) That is great how Meely appreciates your love and tenderness! SO sweet.

Anonymous said...

My mom used to get me grape juice and Mad magazine when I was sick...it's oddly comforting years and years later to indulge in both of these.
(I discovered your blog thru your mil, Alice..I'm the one who makes cards. Love your photographs..you have "the eye". )

Tina Vega said...

Hi Polly - I LOVE YOUR CARDS!! They are really more like works of art!

Grape juice and Mad magazine, that is great! Isn't that neat how something so small can be so meaningful. Thanks for sharing!