Wednesday, January 2, 2008

sweet & gross all in one post

The "sick spot" is another tradition of sorts. When I was a little girl and sick - I remember my mom making the-most-cozy-spots-ever in the livingroom. It always brought such a feeling of comfort. When the hubby and I had kids, I discovered the value of the sick spot from a parenting perspective... it was a wonderful way to keep sick children contained!

I went to the doctor today and it turns out I have a sinus infection. (As a side note, I learned that it is a very bad thing to take cold medicine with antihistamines when you have a sinus infection as it causes the infected mucus to be "stuck" in the sinuses and not to drain effectively. Just a tip for any of you dealing with a head cold right now... )

Anyway, after we returned home from the doctor my oldest son prepared a sick spot for me! He even put the box of tissues there. Isn't that the most precious thing you've ever seen?

2 comments:

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

I always had a sick spot too! Right on the couch all cozy with the tv playing softly. My husband was always in his room when he was sick as a child. He doesn't quite "get" why I would rather be in the living room vs the quiet privacy of my bedroom. I hope you feel better!

Tina Vega said...

Oh, how funny! I am already feeling better with my first dose of antibiotic. Of course, the sick spot helped as well.