Monday, October 6, 2008

it was kinda like a rescue mission

As the small fry was getting ready for bed last night, we made an alarming discovery... Blankie was Grandma's house! Ren wasn't very happy about the situation but remembered seeing a blanket I'd been knitting, in clear bin down on the fourth level (i.e. the basement). I pulled it out, along with a fleece baby blanket I'd found in our linen closet. After testing both with a series of moves (rubbing cheeks and ears, resting his head on top, and inhaling deeply), he decided to sleep with both. The knit one felt like Blankie but had that "unloved smell"; the fleece blanket smelled nice but felt just like a regular blanket.

Thankfully, we made it through the night unscathed.

After organizing my basement (I found my scrapbooking tables again!) and working on a client's photos for a bit, I ventured to Grandma's house to retrieve Ren's beloved Blankie. All is right with the world again. (Really, I think it was more the organizing-thing vs. the return of Blankie that made things right in the Vega household.)

Did I mention that I decluttered my kitchen as well? Oh, it was a GOOD DAY.

While working on some digital decluttering over the weekend (see a theme here?), I came across this photo of my sister and newborn son:

I love it. While at my mom's the other day, I took THIS ONE (just click on the orange link... in my ambitious digital efforts, I moved the photo off of my hard drive and am thus unable to post it here).

And now for your organizing pleasure, a few links that have inspired me:
  1. RealSimple (the name says it all)
Happy clicking!


post signature

No comments: