Monday, September 15, 2008

today was the day...

Today was the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep training session and it was very helpful. The metro area coordinators are extremely organized; we are linked together by a private blog and even have the opportunity to choose our own on-call dates. (I am very thankful to know ahead of time when I could receive a call as it will help in preparing emotionally.) What has surprised me most is the actual number of calls that come in - an average of four a week! (And that's not even every hospital in the metro area.) Needless to say, there is a great need for photographers.

In addition to providing infant bereavement photography, NILMDTS also offers free photography for families with terminally ill children. I never knew that before today. Several experienced photographers shared deeply touching stories and we received tips and ideas for making the most of our time with the families.

I can honestly say, I'm ready.

On a completely unrelated and extremely superficial note... Maplewood has one awesome library. Seriously. I might have to arrange for a coffee w/somebody there soon. Real soon. (Click HERE to learn about the cafe that resides within it.)

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina - I am so glad you are doing this.

Sharon

Crystal said...

This is such an awesome opportunity for you to use your talent to capture life and make a difference in many peoples lives. I hope you find yourself calm and peaceful at your first session. Good luck.

Mellissa said...

Tina, you are going to be such a blessing to so many families. I am proud of you for taking that step to apply! Know that you will be in my prayers. God Bless!