Tuesday, September 16, 2008

taking notice of the little things

It's been a crazy busy month, even more so than usual with the start of the school year. In transitioning from one season to the next, we can easily find ourselves so caught up in managing The Big Picture, we lose sight of the precious details that lend flavor to our lives.

I've been there... am there! As I turn my focus from God to scheduling issues and to-do lists, I miss many of the little things placed before me. There is a clear connection to the time I spend with God and my thorough enjoyment of life. When I place God first, I am more apt to spot Him in the everyday moments. In the difficulties. In the mundane.

Thank you, Lord, for that reminder.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

post signature

No comments: