Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Any crafty knitting/sewing ladies out there?

I'm looking for matching baby hats and blankets to use in future NILMDTS photo sessions. Once used in the session, they will be given to the family as a keepsake. Keep in mind that in addition to full-term infants, many are also little peanuts. A quick Google search brought up several free knitting patterns, for both preemies and full-term infants. (Click HERE for one such site.) If you're interested in helping, just drop me a note!

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina -

I crochet (some) and will check out some patterns. Can't guarantee my speed in getting some done since I'm doing a lot of planning and school work this month, but by next month things will slow down and I would love to help out.

Colleen

Tina Vega said...

Thank you, Colleen!!

Chris Mellang said...

I knit and am sure I can create some sets for you.

What size blanket do you have in mind? I'll search out some patterns and see what I can come up with.

Chris

Tina Vega said...

The size of the infants can vary - 15" seems to be pretty standard for preemie blankets and 29x32 or larger should work for full-term infants. (These figures just came off of a quick search I ran myself...) I was told that some hospitals keep some things on hand for these situations - but not always; many of the photographers bring items along to ensure they will have them for the photos and parents. In addition to becoming a keepsake for the parents, the knit caps and blankets soften the photos and are often used to provide camouflage for some of the shots.

Thank you so much, Chris, for whatever you're willing to help with!!