Saturday, December 29, 2007

dice game flashback

There's nothing like a friendly game of Christmas BINGO to really get the heart pumping. It is one of the most anticipated traditions of Christmas Eve, ranking right up there with Dad's homemade beef jerky and The Big Red Guy's pending visit.

To play, we sit in a circle with a pile of unwrapped gifts in the middle. The rules are simple: get BINGO, get a prize. Unfortunately, as the game starts rolling so does a growing sense of urgency. It may be called "Christmas BINGO" but everything about it smacks of the infamous Dice Game.

Things were moving pretty smoothly; Grandpa worked his magic to ensure everyone received at least one prize. Just as the game was winding down, someone (whose name will not be mentioned here) insisted we have the opportunity to steal gifts from one another. For those of you unfamiliar with the Dice Game, this is the most stressful (yet equally exciting) part of the game... when you're playing with adults.

Not so much when you're playing with four sugared-up children on Christmas Eve.

In the end, everyone managed to hang onto their gifts. The kids were happy. The parents were happy. The one who wanted something more than a pack of bungee cords, was not.

2 comments:

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Hi Tina,
Thanks for popping over to my blog! I just did a radio show encouraging people to consider faithbooking (with my extremely limited know-how~ I just think the idea is great!!!) I'd love to add you as a related resource. Can you tell me a little more about what you do?
Oh, and I too laughed so hard at Big Mama's pooping doll story. I wrote her a poem of truth and love- well because that's just what a friend should do. Smiles!

Tina Vega said...

How funny... I just came back from visiting YOUR blog again! I'll give you the faithbooking skinny via email.

Thanks for stopping by!