Monday, December 12, 2011

my happy place

christmas at gertens

My family and I went to Gertens to soak in the holiday goodness yesterday afternoon. I could spend hours there just looking. Everything is so beautiful.

I noticed A LOT of people hanging out around the vintage decorations. Lots of older people. Spending a great deal of time in the area myself, I couldn't help but overhear stories of Christmas past. Simple, sweet, and handmade.

Speaking of Christmas past, I stumbled upon this sweet audio series on Amazon:

vol.1

vol.2

Click HERE and HERE for details!

Our theme for the journaling lesson at the December Faithbooking Crop was "Meaningful Family Traditions"; I heard several inspiring stories from the women there about traditions important to them and their families. [I'll be posting that lesson later this week.]

Speaking of traditions, our new Advent Activity Calendar has been a huge hit with the boys :)) I've been taking pictures along the way and will blog about it a little more in-depth at the end of the month.

I've got some work to catch up on (the stomach flu invaded our house on Friday); be back later!

post signature

No comments: