Wednesday, October 12, 2011

knee deep into fall

fall 2011

While I've been enjoying the gorgeous weather we've had this season, I am reminded of how challenging life was last year. I think that's why I've felt so protective of my time, wanting to remain in the moment knowing life can turn on a dime.

The last month or so has been a whirlwind of highs and lows. I've been intentional about my schedule, working less and connecting more with family and friends. Our home has been peaceful. I've made time to play. We've been having some awesome family dinners and even planned a little getaway.

Then my grandma was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. And shortly afterwards, a high school friend received a devastating diagnosis as well.

My heart has been wrapped up in these things, making this season unbelievably bittersweet. As I wrote last year in THIS POST, "our most difficult days and seasons are dotted with treasured moments to be embraced."

Savor.those.moments.

post signature

No comments: