Thursday, May 12, 2011

basement remodel :: week 2

It's amazing how much things can change in a week. Here's how the basementscape progressed:

day 1

day 2

day 3

We also made our final selections for flooring and fixtures this week as well. Here's a sampling:

bathroom collage

When we built our home in 2004, I would "sneak" over to the property after church adn plaster the unfinished house with scripture... the floor, doors and window frames, in the children's rooms, by my favorite chair (of course, we'd mapped out rooms then as well), by our beds - pretty much every "wall" was tagged. I didn't come clean about my graffit-ways until I scrapbooked about it several months later:

scrapbook page

I wanted to do the same with our basement remodel. But this time, I enlisted help:

helper 1

meel's verse

helper 2

And the verse that was my inspiration:

Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street, talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them to your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your home and on your city gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9 (MSG)

It's been less than a week of work so far and the framing is complete, plumbing and electrical are well under way, and HVAC is moving through as well. Tony and I so are very pleased with everything so far, even parts we had trouble visualizing from the start of the project. Steve (of New Creations) told us at the beginning we were meant to enjoy the process, something we both needed to hear (our initial build was EXTREMELY STRESSFUL). I can honestly say, we are enjoying every second of it so far :)

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the idea of writing scripture in your home and LOVE the pictures of your helpers :-). Precious!