Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Challenge #1 - Get Focused

My goal this week is to put together a focus list of sorts for 2011. A list of goals that are important to me (many, I struggled with for most of 2010), things I'd really like to accomplish - or at the minimum, make a real effort at moving in that direction. Here's what I've come up with so far:

1. Learn to speak Spanish. There are all sorts of reasons for this.

spanish

2. Resolve my love/hate issues with the kitchen. I love good food and am inspired by not only eating but taking pictures of it as well. I'd really like to make regular CREATIVE yet simple meals for my family, without an abundance of leftovers (my family HATES leftovers). In an attempt to inspire myself in the kitchen, I picked up this set of dishes for a steal at Pier One this week.

new pattern

To coordinate with what I already have (replacing broken and chipped pieces). Here's the current pattern:

old pattern

We picked up a handful of small flower plates in all sorts of colors to pull the look together:

flower plates

At worst, it will make whatever I serve at least look good.

3. I really, really, REALLY need to get my 10-year old's room put together. Paint, furniture, stuff on the walls - pretty much everything.

4. Resolve my love/hate issues with scrapbooking. I'm going to start by getting organized. If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to check out the new sketch site launched today. Just click on the button below (or on the right side of the screen).

blogbuttonNEW200

5. I really want to get back to carving out special time with my boys - little escapes here and there, reading books together, and special activities. It's been far too long.

6. I really want to get back to carving out special time with my husband. It's been a crazy holiday season and I am so looking forward to life getting back to normal.

7. Allow time and freedom for creativity. Journaling, snapping pictures for fun (not work), and working on handmade projects.

8. Declutter.

9. Reduce my CM inventory by having a giant sale.

10. More bonfires this summer.

It's just a start but helpful nonetheless. Sorta like my scrapbook page:

hybrid page

This will be a starting point for my hybrid page. I'll be tearing my handwritten list out of a notebook and adding it to the center of the page (along with a few other three-dimensional elements).

How about you? What are some of your goals for the coming months? What kinds of things do you want to do this year? Carve a little time out for yourself this week and create your own focus list for 2011.

post signature

No comments: