Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Weekend Scrapbooking Retreat 2010 - Day 1

scenic drive

Today was THE PERFECT day for a drive. Everything started out great - packing and unpacking went smoothly. Dinner was a cinch with a just a small group of us here the first night (we had THESE). It was quiet. And peaceful. That is until my mom called with scary news about my grandpa. I sat on pins and needles for a couple of hours before receiving word he was okay. (And in the meantime, pretty much inhaled every peppermint patty in my treat bag.)

Now that I'm thoroughly sugared up, I thought I'd post :)

This cute little sign caught my eye tonight:

a sign

So true. The "world" has never felt as loud as it has been this year... which means I need to be intentional about creating those quiet moments. What's funny, is where I found the cute little sign.

The bathroom.

It reminded me of a time not so long ago, where I would lay in bed at night and realize I hadn't talked or thought of God even ONCE during the course of the day. I remember asking God to help me think of Him in the midst of diapers, breakfast, playtime, snacks, lunch, more diapers (I was a childcare provider so there were LOTS of diapers). What's funny, is where I found myself thinking of God.

The bathroom.

Life is like that sometimes - crazy busy, filled to the brim, not a moment to spare sort of days. It could be diapers or your kid's hockey schedule or illness or the holidays. No matter what IT is, you will always have time for the bathroom :)

Next time you're there, try listening for God's whisper. As silly as it may sound, it helped me to develop the habit of going to Him with my needs during the day. It helped me to become more aware of His presence.

It just plain old helped me.

The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you. 2 Chronicles 15:2

post signature

No comments: