Monday, May 3, 2010

love

love

Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. - C.S. Lewis

Took this picture at a new park... a new FAVORITE of mine. I'll have some images to share from a recent session up later this week. (Seriously, the best location ever!)

Too as an FYI, our monthly faithbooking crops are on indefinite hold. With photography sessions taking up more of my time, I'm trying to figure out how to best keep life balanced. (Truth be told, I'm waiting on God for that answer.) As soon as I have a clearer picture for what is ahead, I'll let you know!

I do have a few things I wanted to share... first, my photographer friend Dawn's most recent post. Having trouble with the same sort of thing lately and her post really touched me. Second, a budding young photographer (daughter to a childhood friend of mine) recently started her own blog. Not only does Miah have an incredible eye for beauty, her heart oozes it as well :) I can't wait to see what God has in store for her! Third, life is crazy right now. I can't get into anything more specific than that at the moment... which, of course, hinders the writing a bit ;) Suffice it to say the craziness is like an octopus reaching into several areas of my life.

On a much lighter note, I'm looking into taking a class at Cooks of Crocus Hill this summer. (Click HERE for a list of upcoming classes.) Sur La Table is another favorite haunt of mine... looks like they offer cooking classes as well. (Click HERE for their summer schedule.)

And... if you've been following my sporadic Tweets you would have noticed this spectacular new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor:

benandjerry

Guaranteed to cure anything that ails you.

post signature

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Tina- I hope you get the answers you are looking for and you find your balance soon. You continue to be in my thoughts. I know that I am not the only one sending positive thoughts your way on a regular basis.

I have taken multiple classes at Cook's and have LOVED every one of them. I'm thinking of taking one that focuses on seasonal cooking this summer, but I would highly recommend their Italian classes. Learning the basics in their Italian class got me through the winter!

Speaking of food - I've been craving one of Stacey's scones! Would she be willing to share the recipe with us?

Tina Vega said...

Hey Crystal - Stacey actually make my scone recipe for us! You'll find it here:

http://tinavega.blogspot.com/2010/01/almost-like-taste-of-mchatties-at-home.html

Thanks for sharing your Cooks experience!! I'm drooling over several of them :)

Talk to you soon!