Thursday, August 27, 2009

random bits of random

1. Okay, I'd been saving this little tidbit for just the right post. After waiting for several months, it dawned on me that there may not be a "right post" for the Yummie Tummie. After all, I'm not about to be posting muffin-top pics.

2. Too, I really like THIS VIDEO. Brandi Carlile has a new album coming out this fall and will be coming to the Twin Cities in September. (Her first show has sold out but there are still tickets available to the second.)

3. You really need to hear this incredible God Moment story shared at church a couple of weeks ago. For those of you who roll your eyes at my "there is no such thing as coincidence" expression, this is exactly what I'm talking about. When you begin to take note of those supposed "coincidences" by writing them down and keeping track of each moment, you will begin to notice God's perfect orchestration of the world around you.


(As a side note, the above taping took place at an earlier service than the one we attended that weekend. The man Dave refers to was actually at the 11:00 am service... it was a powerful moment, seeing him there in the flesh after just hearing the story.)

4. Speaking of coincidence, do you remember the story I shared about running into my favorite teacher from many, many, MANY years back? I posted it to the blog a couple of years ago (just click on the orange link above) and spoke of how reassuring it was to see her at my son's new school. You will not believe what happened just the other night as we were attending the middle school orientation (yes... another new school). While the teachers were introducing themselves, I spotted another one of my favorites from that very same parochial school many miles away. Mrs. R made a lasting impression; she had a way of treating her students that made them feel very special. (A childhood friend on Facebook said exactly the same thing.) How reassuring it was yet again, to have such a familiar presence in a new and little bit scary place.

God is good, all the time.

5. And last but not least, the Beth Moore simulcast is tomorrow (Friday) night - be there or be ☐.

post signature

No comments: