Sunday, May 3, 2009

a hunka hunka burnin' meat

We celebrated my hubby's birthday last night and were faced with the stark reality of ordering three meals off of the adult menu. The 11-year old asked to order a $20 steak and I nearly fell off my chair. (Well I would have had I actually been in a chair. But alas, we were in a booth.) I coughed. LOUDLY. Then I told my son he'd have to wait until he was thirteen before ordering steak at a restaurant. (You know, kind of like a rite of passage. Steak is right up there with cell phones and PG-13 movies.) He settled for a cheeseburger.

After returning home, it was the "cake, then presents" routine (the order is hotly debated amongst family members):

I tried something a little different with these images by using LAYERING. (The link here happens to be for Photoshop Elements but I happened to use Paint Shop Pro instead.) My desire is to work a little more deeply than I have been with the software. Obviously, these edits were very basic but at least it's a start!

I hope you've had a chance to check in with the Compassion Bloggers over the course of the last week. (There's a tab on the upper right side of my blog with allows you to keep up on the different posts.) If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll recognize many of these bloggers from previous posts - Angie Smith, Beth Moore's daughter Melissa Fitzpatrick, Pete Wilson from the Backseat Jesus sermon series, and Anne Jackson. Many children were sponsored through their efforts and I pray that many more will be as hearts are touched across the world. The bloggers are back home but will be surely continue posting about their experiences in India. Be sure to stay tuned!

post signature

No comments: