Sunday, May 31, 2009

birth photography, lighting & books

This may be somewhat of an eclectic post. (The word "goulash" comes to mind.) First, I received a second inquiry about birth photography. My heart is drawn to capturing such a significant and intimate experience. Austin photographer Michelle Anderson has been gifted to do just that; click HERE to see a beautiful slideshow of her work.

It is such an honor to cross paths with couples and families at such important times in their lives - it is one of the things I love most about photography. I can only imagine how awesome it would be to capture new life. We'll have to see what happens...

I received a reflector for Mother's Day but hadn't yet put it to the ultimate test: harsh sunlight. That is, until yesterday.

After positioning Meeley with his back to the sun, I used my new toy to brighten things up. Had I not used a reflector, the image would have looked more like this:

Big difference. Can't wait to test it out further!

Stopped by Half Price Books today and picked up FOUR new books for a steal - Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes... in You and Your Kids!, Grace-Based Parenting, Discerning the Voice of God, and Lunch Boxes and Snacks:

All I need now is a little down time :-)

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huge fan of Grace Based Parenting! Heard Dr Kimmel speak at MOPS convention last year and he is great! Happy reading!

AKD