Monday, January 26, 2009

well, at least the tree is down

A major accomplishment.

As many of you already know, I am a photographer for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. It was my sister-in-law Amy who first introduced me this non-profit organization on the heels of my own season of loss. I could barely make it through the website, my tears were so overwhelming. It wasn't so much sadness that gripped me as it was the fact that these families were given something beautiful to remember their dear children by. They had something to hold on to. Many have trouble understanding the significance of this type of photography... perhaps this will help. The following is a video trailer for a documentary that aired in December:


You can read about the film (Capturing a Short Life) by clicking HERE and the DVD is available by clicking HERE.

If you would like to support Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, you can do so without it costing an extra dime! Register at iGive and a percentage of your online purchases will be donated to NILMDTS. Just click on the icon below for more information:

You can also click HERE to support another cause after my own heart. They are changing lives and bringing hope to women struggling with addiction, eating disorders, depression, and self-harm. Click HERE for more information.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 1 Corinthians 1:3-4

post signature

No comments: