Thursday, December 11, 2008

Knowing God: His Directions are Always Right (Part 2 of 3)

To sum up my last post, God loves you and His Will for you is borne out of that love. His will for you is always best.

Today we are going to look at God's omniscient nature; He is all-knowing. He possesses all knowledge of the past, present, and future. When God gives you a directive, you can count on the fact that He's already considered every factor that needs to be considered. His directions are always right. (Just to make things clear, God will never contradicts His word. For example, if you are married it would not be God's will for you to strike up a relationship with an old flame. Another example might be if you were really hurting for money and the store clerk forgot to charge you for an item - God would not tell you to keep it, that would be stealing. See where I'm going with this? Knowing His word is extremely important to knowing His will.)

In addition to being all-knowing, God is all-powerful. He is omnipotent - He can accomplish anything He purposes to do. "My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure... Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it; I will also do it." (Isaiah 46:10-11) If He ever asks you to do something, He Himself will enable you to do it. When you recognize a task is humanly impossible, you need to be ready to believe God and to trust Him completely. He will enable you to do all that He calls you to do.

The previous excerpts and adaptations from the book, Experiencing God by Henry T. Blackaby and Claude V. King (click HERE).

post signature

No comments: