Saturday, December 20, 2008

dealing with the CrazyMakers in your life

Believe it or not, that's actually the title of a book! You will find a great explanation of it HERE. The book describes fives kinds of CrazyMakers: the Egotist, Aggressor, Borderline, Control Freak and the Sufferer. So how do you know when you're around a CrazyMaker? Here's what caught my attention:
But, what if they drive you crazy? What if, when you’re around them, you feel absolutely nuts? Your head spins, up looks like down, and down looks like up. You’re certain you make sense, but they twist your words to come out the way they want them.
I remember a time when I was the CrazyMaker. My sister Stacey had confronted me about something and I out-and-out lied. She desperately wanted to believe me but the facts revealed another story. ("You make me feel CRAZY!!") So how do you know whether or not YOU are the CrazyMaker? Here are a few questions to ask yourself:

1. Do I like to talk about myself more than listen to others?
2. Do I consider myself to be more important than others?
3. Do I find pleasure in dominating others?
4. Am I coercive in trying to convince others that my way is the right way?
5. Do I overwhelm people with my moods?
6. Am I easily irritated?
7. Do I feel that others always get a better deal than I do?
8. Do I often feel mistreated by others?
9. Do the actions of others always fall short of meeting my expectations?
10. Am I filled with resentment?
11. Are others often upset with me?
12. Am I often upset with others?

If you have CrazyMaking tendencies, it is likely that others have tried to convey that truth to you. You'll find some common CrazyMaker tactics (as well as tips for dealing with them) HERE. You may purchase the book by clicking HERE.

post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

You're talkin' to me, aren't you? ;)

Tina Vega said...

I have the feeling this is something we can all relate to one way or another.

I love the list of questions... a good way to keep the CrazyMaker in me, in check.