Thursday, October 16, 2008

coffee w/sharon **1-year anniversary!!**

We met at our new usual hangout - the Good Day Cafe in Golden Valley (Sharon has a new job and we're working our coffee dates around it). Instead of touring Twin Cities coffee shops, we're now touring the Good Day menu :-) I had a delicious version of Eggs Benedict today with a mushroom sherry sauce. So good. It was also our 1-year anniversary celebration. Now I can finally share what I've been working on these last couple of weeks:

Remember those little friendship necklaces where you keep one half and give the other to your friend? These albums are kind of like that - one for her and one for me. They chronicle every coffee w/sharon date over the past year; each spread bears a number and at the center of the album is an index with details of our time together. It was such a fun project to work on; I am amazed at what God has done with our friendship. Never in a million years would I have guessed we'd be where we are today.

Talk about raising something from the dead.

Anyway, it was fun to meet despite the Education Minnesota Professional Conference break. (Whew.)

post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina, Had something happened between your and Tina's friendship? You mentioned something about raising it from the dead.

Tina Vega said...

We were friends 15-20 years ago and went years (many years) without so much as a phone call. Our relationship died.

Anonymous said...

So the friendship basically died, there was no incident(s) that may have caused it? I have been dropped by my long-time best friend and it is so painful. I still needed her as a friend. She says she has a new circle of friends. How did you two get back in contact?

Tina Vega said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friendship. That can be so confusing and painful when someone you care about walks away.

As for my relationship with Sharon, she invited me to her son's graduation open house. That led to a game night with another couple we'd known years back. She began reading the blog, which opened the door to some pretty deep conversations.

Anonymous said...

No, we never had an argument, we just started drifting away. Each with our own careers, husbands and kids. I barely had enough time to sleep at night with my busy schedule and keeping up with a friendship was the last thing I wanted to do when I came home from work. It is funny to look back now and to realize I should've made time to at least stay in touch. As I get older (and wiser - I think) I am realizing what really is IMPORTANT and you just do it.

I LOVE MY GIFT! I have looked through it about a dozen times already. I am so thankful that we have reconnected. I love you.

Sharon

Crystal said...

Tina and Sharon,

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary of coffee dates! Thanks for reminding me that friendships take work sometimes. I have a couple of friends that I should probably reach out to right now. I'm happy for you guys and love the albums! I got a sneak peak at a recent crop at Tina's. Maybe you guys had to loose touch to realize how important your friendship is to eachother? Everything happens for a reason right? You learned something from it and have been able to share it with others.

Amy said...

This is such a beautiful thing! The album and the renewed friendship! Sharon-I love what you've done with your hair, too!

When friendships change or even end, it can be so hard, especially if you aren't the one instigating the change. I've come to find that its ok when they change, that some friends are for seasons in our lives, and some friends are "heart friends" who we can pick up where we left off or who we really work to make a part of our daily lives.