Thursday, August 21, 2008

it little bit scary and exciting at the same time

I just received word from NILMDTS this morning... my application has been approved! There's still paperwork to tend to and training to be had but the door is open. Do you remember the reservations and doubts I had before filling out the application? (If not, the original post is HERE.)

Well, I've still got 'em. This just means I need to rely on Him. Completely.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go," says the Lord. Joshua 1:9

Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do a great job. I'm glad that you took the "leap". I'm sure it is scary, but if you rely on him he will get you through.
Lynn

Mellissa said...

You *are* ready for this!! I am so happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers throughout this journey. Your work will touch the lives of many many families for decades to come. I know my mom thinks about her first son often and wishes she would have been given the chance to see him. Blessings on you!