Thursday, July 10, 2008

this was right before it turned GREEN

The boys and I were in the basement, listening to the hail as it pelted the house. When the noise began to subside, we stepped out of our little spot and found water pouring through the basement ceiling.

Our living room is above the basement.

I went upstairs to figure out where in the world the water was coming from. Lo and behold, our sliding glass doors appeared to have sprung a leak (the same thing happened to two of our neighbors as well). Apparently, the wind and rain were pretty vicious.

My hubby had some old band photos on the lid of a Rubbermaid container that happened to be smack dab under the ceiling waterfall. Thankfully after laying them out to dry, they appear to have sustained only a minimal amount of damage.

It could have been so much worse.

post signature

4 comments:

Mellissa said...

Tina, what can I do to help? Should I bring home the thermal imaging camera? Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do!

Tina Vega said...

I have two fans and a dehumidifier running to dry the carpet (I first soaked up everything I could with towels). It feels pretty good this morning, we're just going to keep the fans and dehumidifier running through the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tina, what a nightmare! Our hot h2o heater blew up one night & we woke up to several inches of water in our basement. I had some things stacked in the storage room while I was "reorganizing" that got wet - I'll never make that mistake again!! But I'm curious, what is the thermal imaging cam used for? our carpet seems to have dried just fine with fans & dehumidifiers, although it was a little crunchy until I vaccuumed it!

Anonymous said...

oops - didn't mean to be anonymous!! ;)