Tuesday, June 3, 2008

working from home requires a great deal of self-discipline

Can you tell?

Farmers' Market season is upon us. I can't wait! Did you know there is likely one in your area? Click HERE and HERE for locations in the Twin Cities metro area.

On my way home this evening, I happened to catch a radio program that touched me deeply. It was simply a man sharing the story of his life. He experienced unimaginable pain and loss at a very early age; he and his siblings were abandoned after their mother died and years of heartache followed.

Incredibly, despite the cruel circumstances of his childhood, Jim found hope.

Having missed the first few seconds of the program, I was surprised to discover that the man being interviewed was Jim Daly, President and CEO of Focus on the Family. (I am familiar with him yet never knew his story.) You'll find his autobiography HERE.

The radio program I listened to is HERE (the broadcast is entitled, "Rising Above Victimhood").

post signature

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

I'm glad that at least one of us listens to the inner voice of reason! It looks soooo yummy! I really should listen to those inner voices, shouldn't I? Mmmmm, Blizzard!!!!!