Monday, June 2, 2008

lunch date w/the hubby

And we were long overdue. He took me to the Downtowner Woodfire Grill in St. Paul. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. (I'd really love to check out their Sunday Brunch sometime.) Afterwards, we stopped at a little antique shop across the street. Outside the store were zillions of old type cases (similar to THIS) all priced around $20 a piece. I was reminded of Ali Edwards' recent post in which she used a type case to create a beautiful photo collage. (Her post is HERE if you're interested in taking on a creative project.)

post signature

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

I love the art project! Beinga word smith, I am just drawn to those old type-setting boxes! What a super cool way to use them! Hmmmm I am getting inspired! Thanks!

Amy said...

So glad you 2 had a nice time alone-I've not heard of that place, but it looks great. I love that project-I have her life artist book and think I've seen it there-so cool. :)