Friday, March 21, 2008

sad news for polaroid fans

this is sharon, originally uploaded by Tina Vega.

I'd heard rumblings about this a few weeks ago and chalked it up to rumor. Apparently, the news is true! Polaroid will no longer be manufacturing its instant film. Here's the scoop, directly from Polaroid (click HERE). I just ordered a couple of packs from Amazon and found quite a few retailers who still had it in stock (available while supplies last). Of course, this begs for some kind of scrapbooking project! I'll have to thing long and hard about how to use the last of my film. Any ideas?

post signature

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Tina,

I've always wanted to make an albumn that has pockets that you pull things out of to see or read. There are tons of ideas online for pocket pages. I've even seen albumns made out of paperbags. Polaroid pictures seem like they would work great for this type of albumn. You could journal about something and have a picture to pull out, or have the picture be an answer to a questions. Just an idea... I'm sure whatever you decide to do with the last of your polaroid film will be amazing. Have fun!

Tina Vega said...

That sounds VERY cool... the paperbag album really piques my curiosity. I also like the idea of the pictures being answers to questions. I'll have to see what I can dig up along these lines...