Monday, March 10, 2008

Sunshine, Coffee & Gipsy Kings

The clip above is from a Japanese program (thus the Japanese translation of Spanish songs) but the sound/video quality was one of the better ones out there. The name of the band: Gipsy Kings. I first heard them about 12 years ago through a friend at work. There was something about their style that drew me in; their music is beautiful and energetic - you can sample several more of their songs by clicking HERE. My absolute favorite is Montana. You will also find several full length songs on their MySpace page by clicking HERE.

I've been listening to this CD for most of the day while whipping around like a whirling dervish - cleaning, doing laundry, pulling out Easter decorations. In fact, I can't even believe how late it is already! It must be one of the side effects of the daylight savings switch. Speaking of daylight savings, I had bit of a rough start to my day...

I was in bed last night by 10:30 pm and set my alarm for the usual time. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to change the time on my alarm clock and ended up waking up an hour later than planned. My hubby graciously offered to take the children to school which relieved a great deal of pressure. That is, until I remembered the doctor appointment I was supposed to be at within the half hour!!!!! Thankfully I made it... even on time. (Modern day miracles do happen.)

With the aid of sunshine, a cup of coffee, and the Gipsy Kings I landed back on my feet. Like I said, I was a whirling dervish. Here are some examples of my handiwork:

I realize that y'all might be under the impression that my house is always clean. In my quest for lovely photos, a great deal of background rearranging is involved. And photo editing. With that being said, a reality check might be in order. Here's what the entire room looked like as I was working on these shots:

No matter how it may look, real life is never perfect. Click HERE for a more detailed view.

post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute! That reminds me-I need to get out my Easter decorations too. I see you have those resurrection eggs too-my kids love those!