Monday, February 11, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside

February really is the worst month for living in Minnesota. I believe yesterday's high was -2 degrees. Yes, that's below zero... as the high temperature. Our low was -11 degrees which really felt like -36 degrees with the whole wind chill thing factored in.

Like I said, it's cold.

Despite the bitter weather, the boys and I made it to church. It was well worth the trip because our new worship leader was AWESOME!! Not only does he sing, but he does it whilst playing the guitar, harmonica, AND piano. As I said in an earlier post, he's a very talented young man. To top things off, my friend Sue spotted Ren and I up in the nosebleed section and joined us in our merrymaking. (Sue is the gal who won the last prize drawing; we hadn't yet connected so seeing her felt very much like a God Moment.)

The Lord must have performed a work in me because I came home from church with the desire to bake. Not only did I make some delicious Banana Biscotti, I also whipped a loaf of French Bread. (Granted it was with a bread machine, but I did have to measure and pour all of the ingredients into a pan.)

My hubby even punched up the temperature in our house a degree to celebrate. It may be cold outside but we are living it up at SIXTY-NINE degrees. Woo hoo, gotta love Minnesota!


post signature

No comments: