Friday, January 25, 2008

I've been tagged!

Goodness me, this has never happened before - of course I have to play! Janel at Dandelion Days is the gal who tagged me - we share a mutual fondness for the Go Fish Guys and Trader Joe's. I was told this was a "meme" but was clueless as to what that meant. In case you are wondering as well, I've provided a link here.

Here are the rules: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

So... here are 6 things I'm not so sure I want you to know about me:

1. I struggle with leaving my blog posts alone. You may notice that words are deleted or rearranged. Constantly. I can't stand it when I find typos or a particular phrase hits me in a weird way.
2. I went to college for five years but never graduated. I had issues. (After re-reading the first item on this list, it looks like I still have issues.)
3. I think "Google" is the best tool ever crafted by human hands. The wheel is a close second.
4. I did not like my husband when we first met. He doesn't even remember the first time we met.
5. I have always had a terrible fear of public speaking (this is partly why I never graduated from college, it was a required course I avoided like the plague). Now, I stand in front of a group of ladies each month and share intimate details about my life... with a microphone.
6. I am only 21 years old. Okay, so that's not really the truth - which brings me to the last item: I used to lie. A LOT. (I had issues, remember?)

Okay, so how I am going to tag these ladies.
  • My sister-in-law Amy at A Blessed Life. She always forwards fun emails and surveys that I never participate in. Boy, now I realize why... this stuff takes TIME!
  • My nearby-met-through-eBay-blog friend Dana at Just some stuff; a self-professed ADD crafter - she does it all!
  • My faraway-met-through-Flickr-blog friend Cathy at Homestretching who does a Grateful Friday post each week. A great scrapbooking idea!
  • Kathy at Sumballo who made my cry with this beautiful post.
  • You will love Katie the Scrapbook Lady; her blog is full of fun things! Be sure to check out her link on the left entitled, "What's a Roundup?" She has some great ideas for staying on top of your album projects.
  • And last but not least, Kara at Mommy Dot Com. She's familiar with my kind of pain.
Bloggy ladies, if you decide to play please leave a comment to let me know! I'd love to stop by to read all about you!

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing, Tina! It was so fun to read about you!

We all had/have issues - omigosh, we could talk.

I also change my posts all the time. I am like that with my house, my clothes, my hair. Issues.

Do you stand in front of ladies each week with MOPS, by chance?

I was a MOPS coordinator for 2 years and your story sounds familiar to mine.

Tina Vega said...

I've spoken to a few MOPS groups in the last couple of years but my monthly gig is a faithbooking event at my church.

I so do have a heart for MOPS moms... I was only in MOPS for a short time but loved it.

Katie Nelson said...

Thanks for the tag :) I have issues also! LOL!

I did my tag at http://scrapbooklady.typepad.com/katie_the_scrapbook_lady/2008/01/6-random-things.html

Kara Akins said...

OK. I am going to try to play but I am not good at these kinds of things. We'll see how it goes. By the way you are F-U-N-N-Y! And I love funny people. Everyone once in awhile I get a bit silly but fo rthe most part I am way too serious.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the tag, Tina! I finally got it done, if you want to see it. It was fun reading about your quirky bits and realize that we all have them.

Amy said...

Ok, I did it. I guess you will see that I have issues too. :)

Tina Vega said...

You are TOO funny, Amy!!!

Thanks for playing ladies!!

Kara Akins said...

Well, I haven't done it yet. I wanted to. I planned to but time got away from me. Every time I began to start something happened.... like now my child got hurt and is crying in the other room. I need to go. But I am still planning on doing this tag thing... call me crazy!

Kathy said...

Tina, I posted some quirks on my site today. Thanks for the invitation and good to hear from you. It's been fun getting acquainted with you on your blog. Kathy