Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our Camping Weekend

We spent the weekend in Lanesboro, camping with four other families. The kids had a blast though Ren was struggling a bit with DS withdrawal. The adults, on the other hand, had no trouble unplugging. (Okay, I did sneak in a Tweet or two to keep up with things but that was all. Really.) Pippy's family had local connections and we stopped by their friends' place (Pedal Pushers Cafe) on Saturday to enjoy a great meal. I ordered the Great Balls of Fire and shared a caramel shake with the hubby. Seriously, TO-DIE-FOR. (The shake even had thick globs of caramel at the bottom.) There was a coffee bar there as well but I was too full to indulge :-(

While in town we stopped by the local Farmer's Market where I picked up a lovely Amish apron. (I hope to model it soon.) Our friends rented bikes for the morning while our family and Tilly's stopped by the Lanesboro Museum and walked across a very scary bridge.

The weekend ended with a with a visit to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Burr Oak, Iowa. (Meeley is desperately seeking visits to other states, we just couldn't pass it by. Iowa, I mean.)

(I love this pic... if you look closely, you'll even spy Tilly.)

I almost forgot to mention the campground! We stayed at the Old Barn Resort. There was a golf course on site, bike trails, indoor pool, and tubing nearby. The bathroom/shower situation left a bit to be desired; you would do well to bring your own hand soap - though there was running water and towels, soap was not provided. Oh, and don't forget to pack the duct tape.

You just never know what you might need it for.

post signature

4 comments:

Pine and Willow said...

Love, love your storyboard of camping! What a wonderful trip; great memories with family & friends!

Mellissa said...

Great shots, you and Tilly are better with cameras than gun obviously, nice cross fire!!! I am so not taking you two to the gun range with me! :-)

Tina Vega said...

Too funny, Dawn... I was just on your site commenting on the fun session you had at the Fair.

And Mellissa, I was just on FB commenting on your gorgeous chalk drawing. I bought myself a bucket of chalk for photography sessions and totally plan to steal that idea sometime!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the "storyboard" also!!
Lynn