Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'll be sure to post registration details here next time

Today I spoke at a crop hosted for cancer patients and survivors. (This is their second crop, the first was back in April; they hope to do it every six months at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church.) In addition to showering the ladies with scrapbooking supplies, there were prize drawings throughout the day, guest speakers, and treats (including Caribou Coffee). The ladies above worked hard to make it a very special day. As for my experience... it was deeply moving. I connected with a few of the ladies in attendance and was touched by many of their stories.

After heading home, I spent a better part of my afternoon cropping while the kids (Tilly's girls and my boys) played Rock Band:

All while the hubbies were off playing in a real rock band. We worked up quite an appetite and ended up at Mickey D's:

Because that's where rock stars hang out.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT calling Miley Cyrus a rock star...are you???

Sharon