Friday, October 17, 2008

Hot Ginger Coffee

Found this recipe in a new cookbook:

6 Tablespoons ground coffee (not instant)
1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
1 Tablespoon chopped crystallized or candied ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 cups cold water

Whipped cream, cinnamon sticks and/or additional orange peel, optional

I ran into a problem with the "6 cups cold water" - six cups of water equals about 10 cups in my pot! I went with the real 6 cups but the flavor was a little weak. Next time, I'll go with the 6 cups marked on the pot and substitute "Cinnamon Sugar Cookie" flavored beans for the cinnamon. To make the coffee, just toss all of the ingredients into the filter basket and brew. (The water, of course, goes where the water usually goes!)

It made my house smell yummy.

Notice the book in the photo? My sister-in-law Amy (and a few other faithbooking ladies) traveled to Texas for the 2008 MOPS Convention. She brought me back a present! (Catchy title if I do say so myself.)

Here are a few poignant quotes from the book:

Walk through the doors that are open instead of pounding on the doors that are closed.

You can refuse the darkness and look for the pinprick of light, look for the good in a bad situation, choose to see God's hand in rock-hard times instead of turning your back on Him.

We get to choose whether the pain will shape us into someone who changes the world for the better.

Recalling past victories fuels us, moving us forward into victory.

post signature

3 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm...I can almost smell your coffee from here. Sounds great for a cool fall day. Love those quotes too.

Christine said...

Sounds yummy! Speaking of books...did you get your prize yet?

I'm enjoying your blog! :)

Tina Vega said...

It just arrived yesterday!!! Thanks again, Christine!