Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY holiday project :: 30 days of gratitude

watermark 1

I'm always on the lookout for ways to help cultivate "an attitude of gratitude"; with Thanksgiving around the corner and walls still to fill in our newly finished basement space, this family project seemed an answer to prayer. While mine is still an early work in progress, you'll get a better glimpse of the final result on Becky Higgins' blog HERE.

I went with a slightly smaller frame to fit my space AND a different word for gratitude:

watermark 2

Every day during the month of November, each family member will add one thing [to the white space] they are most thankful for.

watermark 3


The boys are a little nervous about this.

watermark 4


I, on the other hand, couldn't be more excited :)

watermark 5


I especially love the idea of it hanging as a permanent reminder of the gifts we are given each day... especially those everyday things we seem to take most for granted. [I'll be sure to share an image of the final product at the end of the month.]

post signature

No comments: