1. Easter Story Cookies - to be prepared the night before Easter. The recipe follows:
1 cup pecan halves
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
3 egg whites
1 pinch salt
1 cup white sugar
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2.Place pecans in a resealable plastic baggie. Crush the pecans into small bits. Read John 19:1-3.
3.Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into a medium bwl. Read John 19:28-30.
4. Add egg whites to the vinegar. Read John 10:10-11.
5.Sprinkle salt into the egg whites. Read Luke 23:27.
6.So far, the mixture isn't very appetizing. Add 1 cup sugar. Read Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16. Beat with mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed. Read Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3.
7.Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Read Matthew 27:57-60.
8.Place cookies in the oven close the door and turn the oven off. Read Matthew 27:65-66.
9.Go to bed. Read John 16:20 and 22.
10.In the morning open the oven and take out the cookies. Read Matthew 28:1-9.
Use the code NOPEEPS at checkout to receive 10% off through today!
3. Taste of Thaiyai (Apple Valley, MN).
My husband and I stumbled upon this place one night and the food totally lived up to its hype!
4. Woodland Take-N-Bake Pizza Company (Savage, MN). Simply THE BEST pizza around! My favorite is the Barnburner (Spicy Buffalo Sauce, Buffalo Chicken, Jalepeno Bacon, Banana Pepper Rings, Jalepeno Peppers, Pepperjack Cheese). They have a huge selection - well beyond your average pizza experience (check out their menu by clicking HERE).
5. This Craft/Project Center Desk.
With a basement remodel around the corner, I've had my eyes on all sorts of fun things. We'll be working in an office/craft room (in addition to family area, laundry room, and 3/4 bath). It's not a huge area to work with so we'll need to be creative when it comes to organizing all of my albums, CM inventory, and photography equipment. Here are a few ideas I found online: