Sunday, November 15, 2009

and the winner of yesterday's prize drawing is...

Cathy said...
What do I have to do to get my name drawn? This has not been a lucky week for me.
November 14, 2009 2:07 PM
It's about time; congratulations, Cathy!!! And on another note... while at Target I stumbled upon a cool collage frame:

collage frame from Target

I even snapped a shot of it with my phone so I could share it with you! This frame would work very well for displaying session images. You could mix together portraits and candid shots for a lovely "snapshot" of one moment in time. Another cute idea would be using a color image in the bottom left square and then filling the rest with black and white images from the same session.

As far as collages go, I am loving these newly available float wraps as well:

Here are a couple of snapshots from another photographer:

The photographic print or canvas print is wrapped around masonite to create a thin wrap. They are padded and backed with a 3/4" gatorboard block (which pushes it away from the wall). They can also be ordered without the gatorboard block to display on an easel instead. (If you're interested in more information regarding the float wraps, let me know.)

All I know is they are super cute and less expensive than a regular canvas wrap.

In addition to shopping at Target, the hubby and I met friends for Doree's birthday celebration at Hoban. a Korean restaurant in Eagan. The Pork Bulgogi was EXCELLENT - a little zippy but exactly what I was looking for. We also sampled the Sweet Potato Tempura and Man Doo, both from the appetizer menu... both EXTREMELY delicious. If you're looking for something different, you'll love this place.

Afterwards, we stopped by the Lucky 13 Pub in Mendota Heights. SUPER COOL PLACE. I want to go back for dinner (specifically, the huge mound of nachos - seriously, huge is a massive understatement). It was a good night with friends.

Another busy week ahead with a bunch of session galleries due. I'm praying things (i.e. my computer) will move quickly. I have a great story to share but will need to wait for a break in the action.
Have a super night!

post signature

4 comments:

Lori V said...

I love Lucky 13, it is such a neat place and their food is the best!

Mellissa said...

I would love more info on the float wraps! I love the look!

Tina Vega said...

I'll get some sizing/price information to you later today, Mellissa!

Cathy said...

Finally just got into my computer and saw that I finally won! Thank ou Tina.