Monday, June 22, 2009

the weeds & bees deal

Spent some time at Grandma's pool yesterday and snapped this shot as she was floating around with her noodles, scooping debris out of the pool. The kids were being a pain so I sent them on a mission on Grandma's behalf, to pluck every weed and bee out of the water.

That lasted about five minutes.

Really, it was more like an hour but it felt like only five minutes. (The hubby has been away on mancation since Saturday - his word, not mine - and I am sorely in need of a break.) I paid them five cents per weed/bug and was out $4.30 when all was said and done. Not bad for a little quiet time.

The hubby returns today and I couldn't be more excited to share the job of cutting the grass see him. Ren also has his pre-op appointment.

Yes, exciting times in the Vega household.

I just realized that my 2nd blogiversary is right around the corner (July 5-11) which means I'd better start wrangling up some prizes. (Likely to include a thing or two from THIS LIST.) Be sure to mark your calendars and pop in throughout the week for a ton of prize drawings.

BTW, my garden is still alive - in fact, I even have two hot peppers already! Speaking of gardens, while snapping some shots around my parents' place I stumbled into their vegetable garden. Check out this sweet plant cage:

My dad made it! Isn't that the coolest thing? I hope we see one in the BINGO pile next Christmas. (Along with the beef jerky.) Contrary to popular belief, he's more than just a computer wiz. Check out some of his mad gardening skills:

Now I've managed to somehow mess up my Blogger screen. Guess that means it's time to end this post. Enjoy the day and stay cool!

post signature

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

I wish i had the inclination to garden well. I love fresh flowers and produce, I just seem to kill them all! I am glad your garden is a success and your folks looks spectacular!