Wednesday, June 3, 2009

they call it the Jiffy Burger...

Peanut butter, pepper jack cheese, and bacon and I couldn't wait to try it! The hubby and I had a lunch date today and went to The Blue Door Pub in St. Paul.

It was a small place but the atmosphere was great - chalk board paint on the walls along with a bucket of chalk at the table made for an interesting wait time.

The hubby ordered one of their famous Blucys (a fancy one not listed on the online menu, stuffed with bleu cheese/garlic and topped with red currant jelly). It was fantastic as well. The sandwiches were served with either tator tots or hand-cut fries (total State Fair fries). You can even order a side of beer-battered green beans.

We will be going back.

And because my hubby is such a swell guy and knew we were in the area, he even took me to The Tea Garden so I could try bubble tea:

It reminded me of my first coffee shop experience - I was clueless as to how and what exactly to order (there were SO MANY options). It may take a couple more visits and some experimenting to find exactly my thing.

post signature

3 comments:

Crystal said...

So fun. I might have to check out the bubble tea!

Amy W. said...

The Merriam Blucy is my favorite!! It originally was a special with Marionberry jam (like Merriam Park, the neighborhood's name - guess they thought Marion & Merriam were close enough!)and it was such a huge hit they put it on the menu! Glad Tony liked it :) next time try the green beans - they are awesome!! As for the bubble tea, you will get no recommendations from me! tee hee - bleh!

Tina Vega said...

Thank you for the burger name reminder, Amy! I will surely try the green beans next time.

Don't fear the bubbles.