Friday, June 26, 2009

the little bugger

Has been having a rough night. We're trying to find the right balance with the pain meds - too much and he feels sick, too little and he hurts. It's been wearing off before the four hours are up so I'm giving him the next dose closer to every 3-1/2 hours. (I'm staying up for the next one and will set my alarm for the following dose. Can you say one long night? (Actually, it could be several long nights according to THIS POST.)

I just need to keep in mind that each day is another day closer to a full recovery.

He's having trouble sleeping. Gotta go...

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Mama! I think I would do the same, and give the meds a tad early like you are. If it gets really bad, can he have some Tylenol in between too? (The old advice of alternating Motrin/Tylenol every 2 hours is what I'm thinking of?) Prayers of comfort for him.

AKD

Tina Vega said...

He can only have tylenol products, no ibuprofen (NSAIDs) they said because it thins the blood. The prescription is tylenol w/codeine so we're kind of stuck.