Tuesday, June 30, 2009

hola

You may have noticed by the last post that my nephew turns one today. It seems like only yesterday he was a soft little bundle. I haven't seen him since February for reasons difficult to explain... for reasons I don't fully understand myself. As we celebrate this milestone, my heart is a little sad for moments missed :-(

As I was out running errands last night, I caught the tail end of THIS SERMON about protecting marriage entitled, The Wise Family Protects Their Marriage (the download is free when you become a registered user... also free). He spoke of a couple facing extreme difficulties. The husband had ALS, a progressive, fatal disease and both he and his wife attested to the fact that if allowed, God could use life's difficulties to deepen marital love instead of dividing it. It was a powerful sermon centered around this verse:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I don't know about you, but I want that kind of marriage and will do whatever I need, to foster love that endures. On that note, I can't wait to listen to Parts 1 and 2!

Spent the day lying low with Ren while the hubby and Meeley were out and about. I'd have to say that being holed up with Ren has it's advantages (or disadvantages, depending upon how you look at it). First of all, I found some super cute shoes.

These $150 beauties:

Um, yeah... that's the sale price.

And these:

For a mere $90 (though I did find them later for $65). Ren's recovery could wind up being costly.

I am also extremely found of THIS STORE and THIS BLOG. And lastly, these designer shoes:

If they weren't $150 and discontinued, would be right up my alley. (Perhaps I'd best be leaving the Internet.)

Adios.

post signature

No comments: