Tuesday, May 19, 2009

free pie!

I'm working hard to eek out every second before summer vacation. Met some friends for a kid-free lunch the other day and ended up with a free piece of pie to boot! (Click HERE for your own yummy coupon.) We shared several hilarious, this-stays-here kind of mom stories. If the children only knew...

Today I'll be hanging out with another mom friend. I met Leah in the fall of 2007, shortly after she'd lost her youngest daughter to cancer. I'd put together a couple of remembrance albums for the family and now Leah will be working on a scrapbook of her own. It's such a neat thing to have a continued connection with this family.

In case you haven't been following my Tweets, I have a wedding to photograph this week. Can't wait! I'll hopefully have an image or two to share in the near future. Grandma's pool opens today (yay!), we're having some friends over on Saturday, and Grandpa Lito will be home this weekend as well. A flurry of activity so I probably won't have a lot of time to devote to posting until next week. (Aside from the short-and-sweet posts, which have been pretty standard these days.)

Sorry. To make up for lack of content, I'll leave you with a new recipe I'll be trying this weekend:

Watermelon Salsa

2 cups diced seedless watermelon
3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for least 1 hour. Drain if necessary before serving.

post signature

No comments: