Friday, May 1, 2009

Elementary School Musical

Being that I am a mother of two boys, I rarely have the chance to partake in such musical delights. My second grader had been pretty tight-lipped about the program (unlike my friend's daughter, who was even practicing outside of school). Ren did bring a CD of songs home but used it only to blast one song, over and over again. When I asked if it was because the song was a favorite, he told me no... he was only trying to drive his big brother nuts.

Despite the fact he didn't practice at home and never even mentioned the musical, I do think he was excited about his role. You see, the boy was a weed. (Yes, a weed.) Not just any old weed, mind you, but a RAPPING weed:

That's my weed boy, second from the left. Had I known he would be wearing a decorative hair ornament, I would have camped out for front-row seating.

Good times.

If you've been following my Twitter stream, you might have noticed that Tilly and I attended the Tots 2 Teens Seminar on Wednesday. Sandy Puc', co-founder of Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, shared all sorts of business and photography tips. Two days later and I am still working to process everything! She was such an inspiration. Sandy has an incredible story (of which I had no clue) and God has used her gift of photography in some pretty amazing ways. I can't wait to incorporate many of her ideas and tips into my own photography business.

I have an engagement session this weekend (thank goodness for SUNSHINE... finally) and will hopefully have an image or two to share with you tomorrow. Enjoy the beautiful day!

post signature

No comments: