Tuesday, March 24, 2009

living with intention

Here's Week 4 of the Backseat Jesus sermon series: Immersing Your Mind:


Just click on the orange link above to find the rest of the series.

I had a sweet moment with my 11-year old last night. It had been a rough couple of days for the boy. (Sadly, his beloved iPod shuffle went for a "swim" in the washing machine.) We spent the evening preparing for today's playdate by setting up an elaborate nerf zone in the basement. I rearranged Rubbermaid containers, stacked boxes, and created several "walls" for the boys to take cover. At bedtime, Meeley grabbed my hand and told me he had something important to say. He first apologized for the iPod incident (it was a birthday gift from the hubby and I and Meeley was feeling bad about the loss). Then in a very grown-up way, he told me that he really appreciated the time I took to make the basement fun for his friends. It was so unexpected and so very sweet.

The playdate was a blast. I have a few more images to share (in addition to the one in the last post). And a few parenting things to ponder. Perhaps tomorrow...

One last thing - just had to share this beautiful image I captured tonight. I spotted it on my way back from the mailbox and it took my breath away:

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! This pic looks like a post card!!!

Anonymous said...

StaceyD is anonymous!

Deanna said...

Hey Tina - my kids each have a shuffle too and at least two of them have been washed and dried at least once ....I think one of them was remembered halfway through the wash cycle another time...and after drying out for a day or two they have worked fine since then. One of them had the ear piece thing still attached.
Don't pitch it - give it another day or two and try to charge it up again

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Also - what a great mom! Sure sounds like you made a really fun day for them!!
Lynn