Friday, December 19, 2008

He has a sense of humor

The boys and I had some errands to run after school one day. Meeley grabbed his winter jacket out of the dryer and we headed out the door. Thoughts of static electricity were on my mind as I asked the boys the following questions:
  • Say you were at school and you felt something stuck in the leg of your pants. What if you reach down to grab it and realized it was a pair of your mom's pink underwear, what would you do? Meeley's response: "I'd go into the bathroom to take them out. I'd stick them in my pocket and bring them home."

  • Wouldn't you throw them in the garbage? Meeley's response: "No way! I'd be horrified if someone ever found them."

  • So what if you were in the classroom and a friend noticed something hanging out from your pant leg, you looked down and realized it was your mom's underwear - what would you do? Meeley's response: "I'd grab them real quick and stick them in my pocket."

  • What if you saw my pink undies lying on your classroom floor and you realized they'd fallen off of your pants, would you claim them? Meeley's response: "If somebody had already seen them, no."
After arriving at Target, we decided to grab a quick bite to eat. We ordered our food and made our way into the dining area. The boys were busy getting situated as I grabbed our drinks. When I turned around to head back to the table, Meeley was holding up a sock.

One of my socks.

At first I was confused because the sock was actually a Target sock, I thought perhaps he'd found it on the floor. Then it dawned on me... the sock had been stuck up his sleeve! After working for at least 20 minutes on various static electricity scenarious, it was almost like God was playing a joke on us.

At least He was merciful, it could have been my underwear.

post signature

1 comment:

Mellissa said...

Amen, merciful indeed! Tina, that is sooo funny! I almost spit tea all over my desk as I was choking back my laughter!