Saturday, November 22, 2008

another random post

The hubby is on vacation so we took a little time to play yesterday. There is so much going on for me in the next couple of weeks, it's going to take A LOT of discipline to stay focused. It doesn't help when you have a family like this:

Gotta love 'em. I had a crop last night and was able to spend a little time with Mellissa. There were a couple of other cropping ladies there as well. Good conversation, a little egg nog chai latte, and holiday music (WHAT???! Yes, 102.9 Lite FM is now playing holiday music.) It felt a bit like we were warming up for our scrapbooking retreat that is rounding the bend.

One of the ladies shared some sad news about a customer (her best friend) I'd met several years ago, a woman who'd attended a few of our crops in SSP. She'd been diagnosed with a debilitating disease several months ago and recently passed away. As much as the news pained me, it was beautiful to hear about the many albums that family and friends had the privilege of viewing at her Celebration of Life service. It brought tears to my eyes to hear that the family had also given her best friend the option of choosing something to keep in remembrance of this dear woman. Of all things, she chose an album her friend had created after one of their special weekends together.

Simply beautiful.

The children are calling for eggs, a promise I'd made to them earlier this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :-)

post signature

2 comments:

Tina Vega said...

Someone just let a comment on my IKEA photo posted on my Flickr page about photography not being allowed in the store. It reminded me of a conversation at the crop last night when a woman was scolded by security at the mall for taking pictures of herself and friend!!! Has anyone else ever had any trouble? After Googling the topic, it appears that many stores of a "no photography" policy stemming out of the whole 9-11 business.

Amy said...

I noticed a "no photography" sign on the doors of a store I went into a couple days ago. I think it was Macy's.